The mission of this organization shall be to advance the student's interests. To achieve this mission, the Student Government Association shall:
- Promote the cultural, intellectual, social, and personal development of students.
- Serve as the Official Voice of the Student Body through which student opinion may be expressed to the Administration of Longwood University.
- Protect and expand student rights and prerogatives.
- Raise student awareness of issues confronting the Longwood Community.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate representation on all college, administrative and faculty bodies and committees that make decisions affecting the student body of Longwood University, to include, but not limited to, the Faculty Senate and all hiring committees.
- To prevent discrimination against any student on the basis of Gender, Race, Origin, Religious Preference, Physical Disability, Sexual Orientation, Political Ideology, Age, Creed, Marital Status, or Social-Economic Background.
- To foster a community of civility and to promote and maintain the development of a healthy and dignified campus environment.
- Enhance the spirit of Longwood University.