To search and register official Longwood Student Organizations please go to Lancer Link.
Every Registered Student Organization must register all active members on Lancer Link in both the Fall and Spring. All community service should be documented on Lancer Link.
Club and organization funding
Clubs and organizations may request funds through the Student Finance Committee. Clubs may also request budgets for the next fiscal year during the spring semester.
starting a new club or organization
Starting a new club at Longwood University is easy! Only 8 students and a faculty advisor are needed. Students interested in starting a new club should follow the steps below:
- Complete the "New Organization Interest Form" on Lancer Link.
- While waiting for your interest form to be processed, prepare a constitution for your organization.
- The Historian will look over the constitution and come back to the organization with any changes, questions, or additions that they may have. The Historian and organization will work together to make the edits and the organization's leadership will meet with the Historian Committee and present their organization before their primary constitution is sent for review.
- After the organization and Historian have made changes to their draft, the Historian will bring it to the SGA Senators to review. This is the part that takes the longest. Five Senators need to review the constitution before the Historian can come back to the organization with their comments and changes.
- Once a final copy is prepared, the Historian will bring it to a SGA Senate Meeting (Every Tuesday at 3:45 in the Maugan's Martinelli Boardroom). The Historian will let the organization know when their constitution is being presented for approval so that they can be present to answer any questions. Senate will then vote to approve the new organization and after a two-thirds vote in favor of the organization occurs, the organization will become a Recognized Student Organization and will meet with university officials for final processing.